The 5YA and 10YPP are two areas of organisational management that require decoding in the first six months of FTP. Once again, I called the people themselves, made the appointment and pretty much asked them to explain it all to me.
In alignment with my whanau, hapu, iwi approach I first headed to the local expert. In making my way to a regional level I've decided to leave National for later, while I get to grips with matters at hand. Armed with any documents that had anything to do with property and my hand dandy notebook "Property 101" was in session.
I have landed my first position at the start of Term 2, during a year that BOT elections are up and the 5YA had only recently been signed off. Implications of these two matters are another post in itself. For now, what it means is that we are into our 5YA boots 'n all, so get on with the mahi.
Signed off, I have learnt means the funding and projects have been decided. Decided by a very external process that is made up of a mix of National property priorities and an on site conditions assessment. For future reference any needs or wants need to be communicated at this stage!
I have missed this part of the procedure, and have to wait patiently for the end of the 5 Years for a chance to do this. So meanwhile, I will make sure that when that next 5YA opportunity comes back around, we will have met all of our conditions assessment tasks, kept up with our cyclical maintenance and completed every project on the list.
Tick those boxes and cross those T's, I'm aiming for an ILE upgrade!
No comments:
Post a Comment